Competencies and Interests
BA in English
MAT in Secondary Education
EdD in Learning Design and Leadership
Classroom Teacher in Middle and High Schools
Featured by outlets like NCTE and National Write Center
Literacy Instruction and Support
Language and Literature
Professional and Learning Workshops
Currently reading or reflecting on:
- Engaging Curriculum: Bridging the Curriculum Theory and English Education Divide
- A Teachers Guide to Mentor Texts
- Making Sense: Reference, Agency, and Structure in a Grammar of Multimodal Meaning
- Adding Sense: Context and Interest in a Grammar of Multimodal Meaning
- Education in a Time Between Worlds: Essays on the Future of Schools, Technology, and Society
- Pointless: An English Teacher’s Guide to More Meaningful Grading
Hello educators! Last week I continued with my ‘shifts in practice’ journey, moving on to shifts in the role of curriculum and instruction. ...
It turns out, developing strong teacher-student relationships in a “community of learners” takes more than a week - who knew? This is going to be a...
This month I am taking a deeper dive into Shifts in Practice (Chapter 2 of Learning That Transfers). Having had a whistle stop tour of a few LTT...