Competencies and Interests
BA in English
MAT in Secondary Education
EdD in Learning Design and Leadership (pursuing)
Classroom Teacher in Middle and High Schools
Featured by outlets like NCTE and National Write Center
Literacy Instruction and Support
Language and Literature
Professional and Learning Workshops
Currently reading or reflecting on:
- Engaging Curriculum: Bridging the Curriculum Theory and English Education Divide
- A Teachers Guide to Mentor Texts
- Making Sense: Reference, Agency, and Structure in a Grammar of Multimodal Meaning
- Adding Sense: Context and Interest in a Grammar of Multimodal Meaning
- Education in a Time Between Worlds: Essays on the Future of Schools, Technology, and Society
- Pointless: An English Teacher’s Guide to More Meaningful Grading
This blog was written by LTT Extended Team Member, Karli Lomax as well as teacher Sandra Lima. My school, Graded: The American School of São Paulo –...
This blog post was written and submitted by Learning that Transfers extended team member Kathy Beamer I once heard Usha James from The Critical...
This summer I enrolled in the level 3 advanced course about Authentic Assessments prepared by the Learning that Transfers Team. The holidays are...